Tanoa - Were not getting what we asked for!

Tanoa - Were not getting what we asked for!

Postby [PPES] Damian » 15 Jul 2016, 21:27

I have been looking forward to the new apex DLC but when it comes to the new Tanoa server I'm very disappointed. I paid £25 or around 30€ and i expected to see all the new weapons and vehicles purchasable one way or another for Rebels. However all that was added was the unarmed vehicles and basic Ak's and re-skinned weapons. For instance only the army (which are mostly members) can get the new under barrel 50cal. rifle. The new VTOL's are unarmed where there main purpose of them is for ground strike. These are just a couple of features that are missing.

Another issue is that there is two big servers that are both being developed one person this means mistakes are bound to happen. For example this weekend Rpg For You has gone on holiday and the Altis server is down and no one is able to fix it and this is due to having only one developer.
[PPES] Damian
NOOB

Topic author
SteamID: 72000721237212341

Re: Tanoa - Were not getting what we asked for!

Postby Reylap » 15 Jul 2016, 21:40

I agree on this, we cant even fucking refuel our helis/jets when we spawn them.

And that god dmn music when you load in....what the actual fuck???

Fed can be robbed with no cops on.

Even airdrop is buggy, sometimes it hits trees and crashes so we wont even get airdrop
Reylap
OV Member
OV Member

SteamID: 76561198167827610

Postby Allahu Akbar » 15 Jul 2016, 22:01

we all paid for tanoa, rpg worked hard on this server and well i agree its shit :crazy:
We all paid for the weapons the vehicles the clothing ect ect..............
We need another developer ie more than 1, we need pvp, its just like a basic roll play server at best. We all want the armed land vehicles cops and rebel, we all want the armed air vehicles, we all want the armed jets we had. Its a pvp server not a fight in close fight its a big map. We need more scripts we need more initiative. Look on the big servers they have tons more to do on the map.
No disrespect i agree 1000% we paid £20 for tanoa dlc and get %5 of the dlc on the server.
We want more, we want the dlc we paid for not some ak with no scopes vs underslug .50 cals as army and buzzards with 60 cannon.
Its shit and no one likes it, are we going rp ? or full on pvp ? there needs to be a ballence between wasteland and pvp but we are more rp.
Last edited by Allahu Akbar on 16 Jul 2016, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
phpBB [video]
Allahu Akbar
OV Staff
OV Staff

SteamID: 76561198118012168

Postby ewoke » 15 Jul 2016, 22:11

I AGREE
ewoke
NOOB

SteamID: 0

Postby StevieWonder » 15 Jul 2016, 22:11

Drama Drama Drama Drama
StevieWonder
Community Team
Community Team

SteamID: 76561198047837976

Postby StevieWonder » 15 Jul 2016, 22:17

Drama Drama Drama Drama
StevieWonder
Community Team
Community Team

Postby [PPES] Damian » 15 Jul 2016, 22:24

See I'm not the only one who feels this way. We are speaking for the community and the community wants more!!!!
[PPES] Damian
NOOB

Topic author

Postby BlackPeachMatt » 15 Jul 2016, 23:29

I agree with this also, I expected to get the full Tanoa experience, but instead we only got a few new weapons and a couple vehicles, which are all unarmed!
BlackPeachMatt
NOOB

SteamID: 76561198064841244

Postby Sir » 16 Jul 2016, 08:54

you know king of the hill exists right?
phpBB [video]

GREAT CONSPIRACY OF OH LONG JOHNSON!!!!
Sir
NOOB

SteamID: 76561198103458742

Postby Allahu Akbar » 16 Jul 2016, 09:41

Just saying the direction the server has gone and the choices made for the tanoa server have not made a posotive impact. We have no players online, when we ask they comunity why these are all the issues they are complaining about and why they are all playing tanoa on outher servers.

1, Music (everyone hates it)
2, Spawns are broken
3,Rebel Camp/Gang Camp and black market has lack of weapons and gear
4,No armed vehicles
5,Need more than 1 developer (to much for 1 person )
6, More content on the map (new scripts and old one's) organ dealer, delivery missions ect
7,More skins available for vehicles
8,Remove when you log out you log in the same position
9,Altis updated to the new wepons and vehicles (Told them this will be when you are on holliday)
10, Cops get the better gear from the expansion
11, Drugs have been lowerd by a mile

This is just a list i have compiled from what the comunity members and players where talking about. To go from 40-50 players leading upto the tanoa release to 0 we need new idias and new initiative before the players settle in on new sevrers and loose them.
phpBB [video]
Allahu Akbar
OV Staff
OV Staff

SteamID: 76561198118012168

Postby fizzxryan » 17 Jul 2016, 02:36

Well fuck sake, that escalated quickly didn't it
fizzxryan
NOOB

SteamID: 76561198134528926

Postby [PPES] George » 17 Jul 2016, 03:26

I think Damian is right with this point, we all paid £24 (€30) for a new DLC for our favourite game and we expect to play with all the new stuff on our favourite server and we just aren't getting any of it. The big thing with apex is the armed vtols, the under-barrel 50 cal and all the new armourment and we just don't have any of it. 60-80% of the apex release was armed vehicles, and for some reason we don't have them.
Look at it this way: it is obvious people don't like the new update. There is no offence intended for RPG or any of the developers because I know RPG has put loads of time and effort into this but to be honest not putting armed vehicles in was a silly idea. We currently have 2 servers which are both empty, no-one is really fussed about the tanoa server and the altis server is abandoned because people are too busy trying the new stuff in the editor instead.
I had a conversation with a good friend about this issue, and we think there is a semi-simple solution. Delete the tanoa server, because the map is meant for RP, and add all of the new stuff into the Altis server, including the armed vehicles. Remember, this is a PVP server, at the moment it is just an RP server with RDM allowed. In a PVP server, there should not be such a thing as "too op" or "too good". People come to blow vehicles up and mess about with the best weapons, and all of them should be included.
If the altis server gets the new stuff added to it, everyone will start coming back and playing again, because let's be honest, OV is currently dying.
[PPES] George
NOOB

SteamID: 76561198232800796

Postby DefendMyBurrito » 17 Jul 2016, 03:32

[PPES] George wrote:I think Damian is right with this point, we all paid £24 (€30) for a new DLC for our favourite game and we expect to play with all the new stuff on our favourite server and we just aren't getting any of it. The big thing with apex is the armed vtols, the under-barrel 50 cal and all the new armourment and we just don't have any of it. 60-80% of the apex release was armed vehicles, and for some reason we don't have them.
Look at it this way: it is obvious people don't like the new update. There is no offence intended for RPG or any of the developers because I know RPG has put loads of time and effort into this but to be honest not putting armed vehicles in was a silly idea. We currently have 2 servers which are both empty, no-one is really fussed about the tanoa server and the altis server is abandoned because people are too busy trying the new stuff in the editor instead.
I had a conversation with a good friend about this issue, and we think there is a semi-simple solution. Delete the tanoa server, because the map is meant for RP, and add all of the new stuff into the Altis server, including the armed vehicles. Remember, this is a PVP server, at the moment it is just an RP server with RDM allowed. In a PVP server, there should not be such a thing as "too op" or "too good". People come to blow vehicles up and mess about with the best weapons, and all of them should be included.
If the altis server gets the new stuff added to it, everyone will start coming back and playing again, because let's be honest, OV is currently dying.

Said lie a Champ nothing wrong with that
DefendMyBurrito
NOOB

Location: I live in the United States, California to be exact. But I play on UK server.

Postby Lottoungen » 17 Jul 2016, 11:47

I agree with Geroge to focus on the Alits Life map but with both arma content and apex content. Also I don't understand how you all want fully armed VTOLs? How will you balance that? If you put a high price on it, only the top richest player on the server can use it. Also that thing has insane amount of armor.

I was about to say that fully armed VTOLs for a reasonable price is like WW1 on Tanoa, but it'll turn out like this:
Lottoungen
NOOB

SteamID: 76561198012295174

Postby StevieWonder » 17 Jul 2016, 11:50

Fuck it let's have everything fully
Armed m4 scorcher the lot
Drama Drama Drama Drama
StevieWonder
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Sir » 17 Jul 2016, 12:49

Allahu...
I've been on the official release server and on the development server where RPG was testing every things of Tanoa, etc etc. What you can't understand is that you can't get a fucking VTOL fully armed it would be too overpowered AND that's why I said if you want fully armed vehicles etc etc go on Wasteland or such things... In the normal server the past 2 years the jet was never fully armed (and with Isott it was very bloody) so why the VTOL or the Blackfish would be?
And I've played for some weeks in the beta with RPG so that's why I didn't come on the normal server because I can't afford to download everything back....
phpBB [video]

GREAT CONSPIRACY OF OH LONG JOHNSON!!!!
Sir
NOOB

SteamID: 76561198103458742

Postby RPGforYOU » 17 Jul 2016, 13:53

Code: Select all
I have been looking forward to the new apex DLC but when it comes to the new Tanoa server I'm very disappointed. I paid £25  or around 30€ and i expected to see all the new weapons and vehicles purchasable one way or another for Rebels. However all that was added was the unarmed vehicles and basic Ak's and re-skinned weapons. For instance only the army (which are mostly members) can get the new under barrel 50cal. rifle. The new VTOL's are unarmed where there main purpose of them is for ground strike. These are just a couple of features that are missing.

Another issue is that there is two big servers that are both being developed one person this means mistakes are bound to happen. For example this weekend Rpg For You has gone on holiday and the Altis server is down and no one is able to fix it and this is due to having only one developer.

All weapons are in for rebels, including the 50cal under barrel one, but he can only be obtained at the air drop missions for now.
I had plans to implement that one later in some sort of timed rebel loadout

Armed vehicles were added, including choppers and a jet. But because of the default way the 'mod' deals with removing those weapons weren't working and were giving people fully armed vehicles I had to do a quick solution to delete all armament for now and will later on have to reuse the 'arm' feature I made. I didn't do this initially because it removes flares and they are unable to be re-added/reload for some reason. That's why I gave the default way of removing armament a go.

Arming VTOLS ... in some way maybe but people always cry there's to low ammo in it. And it's all fun and giggles for the one flying. But for people on the ground getting cannoned from above with little to no way to retaliate ... it's not so fun.

I agree on this, we cant even fucking refuel our helis/jets when we spawn them.

And that god dmn music when you load in....what the actual fuck???

Fed can be robbed with no cops on.

Even airdrop is buggy, sometimes it hits trees and crashes so we wont even get airdrop

I'm insanely sorry that I can't fix everything as I have limited time and also knowledge on some of the issues!
Airdrop is just the way AI and waypoints work ... it's a bohemia thingy. I choose some more open spots for the box to land but in the end it can still drop in a tree.

we all paid for tanoa, rpg worked hard on this server and well i agree its shit :crazy:
We all paid for the weapons the vehicles the clothing ect ect..............
We need another developer ie more than 1, we need pvp, its just like a basic roll play server at best. We all want the armed land vehicles cops and rebel, we all want the armed air vehicles, we all want the armed jets we had. Its a pvp server not a fight in close fight its a big map. We need more scripts we need more initiative. Look on the big servers they have tons more to do on the map.
No disrespect i agree 1000% we paid £20 for tanoa dlc and get %5 of the dlc on the server.
We want more, we want the dlc we paid for not some ak with no scopes vs underslug .50 cals as army and buzzards with 60 cannon.
Its shit and no one likes it, are we going rp ? or full on pvp ? there needs to be a ballence between wasteland and pvp but we are more rp.

Offortunately developers don't hang on the tree's to take ... allot of 'wannabe' developers that say allot but their knowledge doesn't even out stretch mine ...
And is allot of bullshit stories or just copied stuff that they barely know how to make that even work as well.

I said it a million times, ALLOT of you PEOPLE don't know what it takes or how much time creating stuff takes! They think it's clicking some button here twist it a bit around and tadada fully working scripts and server configuration. Creating and adding stuff takes times and experience! Ask Massive how he found adding a script for lights on the cars ... a pain in the ass allot of things to change and not easy at all.

I said before I'm open for feedback yet, nobody responded on the Tanoa Topic ... no we make some sort of rage topic go rant here a bit and that definably shows a good impression on me!

See I'm not the only one who feels this way. We are speaking for the community and the community wants more!!!!

That's why I asked feedback on the original forum ... you don't have to create a we demand topic. Or what you guy's asked for?
You didn't ask anything? nor provided zero feedback on the original topic.

I agree with this also, I expected to get the full Tanoa experience, but instead we only got a few new weapons and a couple vehicles, which are all unarmed!

I'm extremely sorry I'm the only one that can develop stuff and have limited time and from that limited time available spend the entire 3 weeks doing what I can. :)

Just saying the direction the server has gone and the choices made for the tanoa server have not made a posotive impact. We have no players online, when we ask they comunity why these are all the issues they are complaining about and why they are all playing tanoa on outher servers.

1, Music (everyone hates it)
2, Spawns are broken
3,Rebel Camp/Gang Camp and black market has lack of weapons and gear
4,No armed vehicles
5,Need more than 1 developer (to much for 1 person )
6, More content on the map (new scripts and old one's) organ dealer, delivery missions ect
7,More skins available for vehicles
8,Remove when you log out you log in the same position
9,Altis updated to the new wepons and vehicles (Told them this will be when you are on holliday)
10, Cops get the better gear from the expansion
11, Drugs have been lowerd by a mile

This is just a list i have compiled from what the comunity members and players where talking about. To go from 40-50 players leading upto the tanoa release to 0 we need new idias and new initiative before the players settle in on new sevrers and loose them.

Server is always changing, stuff get's balanced stuff get's added. I wanted to bring out a playable version and keep changing on it. The fact some unforeseen bugs and glitches appeared that we didn't occur during our testing ... was of course very annoying to everybody!

I think Damian is right with this point, we all paid £24 (€30) for a new DLC for our favourite game and we expect to play with all the new stuff on our favourite server and we just aren't getting any of it. The big thing with apex is the armed vtols, the under-barrel 50 cal and all the new armourment and we just don't have any of it. 60-80% of the apex release was armed vehicles, and for some reason we don't have them.

You do have armed vehicles ... only cause of the default way the 'mod' deals with it bugs out I have to do a quick solution to empty out all ammo in wait for my 'arm' system to come back as that one is allot more reliable as it has been proven on the Altis server.

So because you can't buy 1 weapon (yet) as a rebel you miss out on 80 % of the dlc?! And yes it's al ready available as a (possible) drop in the airdrop box!

Giving all armed vehicles all armed choppers all armed jets is gone make people come back? I'm sorry that's just full out wasteland for you.
I have no problem adding balanced ammunition in vehicles, choppers, jets ... But fully armed vehicles didn't happen in Altis and will never happen as it's NOT fun at all in the setting as it is.

OV isn't dying we are a community not a gameserver(s), it's true indeed our servers have a dip and this for several reasons ... I'm sure in the future and with necessary time I'll be able to correct stuff. OV is much more then 2 game servers, we started this with 3 people and saw people & games come and go as interests shifted ... in the end our philosophy is to play together with like minded people on games we like nothing more nothing less!

I agree with Geroge to focus on the Alits Life map but with both arma content and apex content. Also I don't understand how you all want fully armed VTOLs? How will you balance that? If you put a high price on it, only the top richest player on the server can use it. Also that thing has insane amount of armor.

I was about to say that fully armed VTOLs for a reasonable price is like WW1 on Tanoa, but it'll turn out like this:

I don't have time to focus on 2 things and the reality is that the Tanoa server has the latest 'mod' release with allot of code improvements. That latest release still needs to convert towards the Altis server on later time ... Shutting the Tanoa server would be a step downwards ... not forward! This requires time ... and since I'm the only one with knowledge and also have work now. I don't have much time ... things move slowly ... I'm sorry I don't have 2/3 months holiday's no more like all the school kids.

A fully armed VTOL is retarded for our sort of server setup, some armament might be possible in the future as on altis we have jets but not with full armaments neither.

TL;DR

Feedback was never given in the original topic, besides this semi rant topic.
I'm aware stuff is not correctly or added 100 % yet this takes time! And as I'm the only one with the knowledge and have a FULL TIME job! Time is limited on my side. I don't have 2 or 3 months of school vacation as many of you ... Developing these mission files also aren't pressing some buttons and tadada it all works ...
Some comments are just lack of plain disrespect and unknowingly childless behaviour and therefore deleted.
Yes, we have a little down period and I'm sure after some changes have been made we'll be back running steady.
ImageImage
RPGforYOU
Community Team
Community Team

SteamID: 76561198055822545

Postby [PPES] Damian » 17 Jul 2016, 18:02

RPGforYOU wrote:I don't have time to focus on 2 things

This is one of the points i put in my original post maybe its time to have another developer like Stevie maybe or massive.
[PPES] Damian
NOOB

Topic author

Postby [PPES] George » 17 Jul 2016, 18:04

[PPES] Damian wrote:
RPGforYOU wrote:I don't have time to focus on 2 things

This is one of the points i put in my original post maybe its time to have another developer like Stevie maybe or massive.

I think we should have 2 or 3 developers who share the workload rather than having one person, whether it be RPG or someone else
[PPES] George
NOOB

SteamID: 76561198232800796

Postby Joey » 18 Jul 2016, 01:54

I love how people create this kind of 'rant topic'' when they didnt put anything in the feedback section, simple as that.
Joey
NOOB

Return to Information & Announcements